Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pondering with a Purpose - Swing

Welcome to Pondering with a Purpose -
 This is my weekly hop where I post a prompt and you get to write to it on your - come back here and add it to my linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!
I started Pondering with a Purpose because -- simply put -- I am a writer - - that is what I do (I just can't help myself)! And although I love following all the hops, I wanted to see if I could bring out some creativity in not only myself, but some of my blogger friends as well.

The rules are really easy:

1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge (in my sidebar)
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Come back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list below.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!



Today's prompt is: Swing


Do you have a swing in your step? Or swing your hips when you walk?

It is summertime so it is the perfect time to see children outside on the swing. Did you, or your children, ever wrap yourself up in the swing and then let it twist out really fast? Thinking back on it makes me want to puke!!!

I haven't looked it up...but I would have to say that swing in the motion of moving back and forth.....

So why is a rope hanging out over a river or creek a 'rope swing' - it only goes one way, and if you don't let go you will be singing a different song :(

I'd love to read you think of with this word. Link up, comment or better yet... both!

Happy Pondering


15 comments:

  1. Love a good porch swing...something I got from my Nana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing like reading a good book on a good porch swing!

      Delete
  2. Most definitely a porch swing is my favorite place to end the day! You also brought back memories of those huge swing sets on school playgrounds when I was growing up. We would try to hard to fly high enough to go over the top, and always there was the rumor that someone had once actually done it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that same rumor! But I think it is physically impossible.

      Delete
  3. We used to swing on a rope swing from the top of the hayloft rafters...down, down, down......and out the big double doors of the hayloft. then back in...then out. until you came to a slow enough stop and could just drop down to the soft, loose hay below.
    Well, except the time my cousin was the about the 5th person to get a turn...and we watched as he sailed on out the big window: and the rope broke!! down he went as we watched helplessly by. But we then we remembered - he'd be okay.
    The manure pile was directly below the big window. :)

    Guess I should have saved that for my post! haha.
    I still have the one where I fell through the hayloft floor to the bull pen below....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fond childhood memory immediately came to mind...thanks for letting me share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara termudah mendapatkan kemenangan dalam permainan Bandar Poker yakni dengan bermain menggunakan Aplikasi Bobol Bandar Poker.

    Info Jitu
    Hoki Pasti

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a gift... thank you!