This is my weekly hop where I post a prompt and you get to write to it on your - come back here and add it to my linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!
I started Pondering with a Purpose because -- simply put -- I am a writer - - that is what I do (I just can't help myself)! And although I love following all the hops, I wanted to see if I could bring out some creativity in not only myself, but some of my blogger friends as well.
The rules are really easy:
1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge (in my sidebar)
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Come back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list below.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!
Today's prompt is: Bill
This word popped into my head and I almost laughed out loud when I began to think about it and how many different meanings it has.
For my friend McGuffy Ann - it is her husband!
Now honestly the first thing I thought about after I started really thinking about it was the bill on a duck or duck-billed platypus. How can you not think this is the cutest animal ever?
And then of course there are those brightly colored bills on birds!
Then I realized how many bills I have laying on my desk in need of payment....seriously who came up with due bills and then decided we should call our currency 'bills'? Does anyone else see the irony in that?
And I know this is a stretch.... but what about a bill board?? That is just a large area to post advertisements... how can bill mean ad?
So I would love to read your comments or your linked up posts... or better yet....both!