This is my weekly hop where I post a prompt and you get to write to it on your - come back here and add it to my linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!
I started Pondering with a Purpose because -- simply put -- I am a writer - - that is what I do (I just can't help myself)! And although I love following all the hops, I wanted to see if I could bring out some creativity in not only myself, but some of my blogger friends as well.
The rules are really easy:
1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge (in my sidebar)
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Come back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list below.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!
Today's prompt is: Watch
I have to tell you this working with words with double meanings has become quite interesting to me.... the way different people think about a word tells a lot about a person!
So..when you read watch....what do you think about?
The first thing that pops into my mind is the engraved watch I have from my grandparents that I received for my college graduation... I no longer wear it...and am not even sure there is anyone around who could fix it... I also have a Mickey Mouse watch... one of the originals with manual movements that does not work either... it is more of a keepsake now and less of a functioning tool. Do you still wear a watch? I use my phone.... (I think that is what most people do now adays!)
And of course there is people watching.... where you just sit and watch.... or watch television or a movie.... or how about when you watch your weight? In reality you cannot watch your weight but it is a common phrase.
I'd love to read your comment, or read your linked up post... or better yet Both!